Our practice Nursing Services include specialist clinics for:
- Asthma – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an annual review of your asthma symptoms please use our online form.
- COPD – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an annual review of your COPD symptoms please use our online form.
- Coronary Heart Disease
Nursing services also include:
- NHS Health checks
- Well Person checks
- Health promotion and general health advice
- Dressings, vaccinations and immunisations
- Cervical smears
- Removing stitches
- Travel advice and vaccinations (It is important to make an appointment at least 6 weeks before travel as some vaccines require more than one dose. Please note NOT all travel vaccines are free. The Practices nurses can provide advice as required.
Appointments are necessary therefore please request your appointment when possible. Emergency situations will be seen as soon as possible.
The District Nurses are based at Brundall surgery and carry out various procedures in your own home, and act as an extension of our team at the health centre for those patients who are housebound.
A Nurse practitioner is an advanced practice registered Nurse who is trained to assess patient needs, clinically examine and diagnose a range of minor illnesses and minor injuries.
They are able to refer to other specialities where required; order and interpret diagnostic and laboratory tests, diagnose illness and disease, prescribe medication and formulate treatment plans.
Jenny Windley – Nurse Team Manager
Practice Nurses are qualified and registered Nurses. They can help with health issues such as family planning, healthy living advice, blood pressure checks, cervical smears, routine injections, immunisations (travel and childhood), suture/clip removal and dressings.
Liz Kern – Female
Kay Fleming – Female
Healthcare assistants support practice Nurses with their daily work and carry out tasks such as phlebotomy (drawing blood), dressings, foot checks (diabetic), suture removal, flu immunisations, ECG’s and blood pressure measurement. They may act as a chaperone when a patient or Doctor requests one.
Lisa Sleeman – Female